THE WET FISH SHOP
Cod on the Hob
A simple, healthy Cod dish with homemade tomato sauce.
Please share and tag us in your photos if you make any of our recipes, we love to see them!
2 Large Cod fillets
2 Large sweet potatoes
Handful of Cooked Prawns
1 1/2 Lemons
3 Garlic cloves or garlic puree
Salt and pepper (to season)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Peel and cut sweet potatoes and add to water.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and add Cod fillets, skin down. Crack some salt and pepper over the fish and leave on a low heat to cook.
- In a separate pan, add finely chopped Cherry Tomatoes, crushed garlic cloves (or table spoon of garlic puree), mixed herbs & 1/2 a squeezed lemon. Mix together to form tomato sauce.
- When potatoes are soft, drain, add tablespoon of butter and mash together.
- Leave Cod fillets skin side down until nearly white all the way through. Then turn over and cook for a few minutes fish side down. Add prawns to pan to warm through if wanted.
- Portion Cod and sprinkle with herbs. Serve with mash, tomato sauce, Prawns and a wedge of lemon. Enjoy!