Scallop & Pancetta Starter
A quick & simple starter but absolutely delicious using our beautiful Lyme Bay Scallops. If a starter isn't enough, add a few more scallops for a perfect meal.
A dish that is great for a dinner party to really impress your guests.
Please share and tag us in your photos if you make any of our recipes, we love to see them!
1/2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp White wine vinegar
25g Crème fraiche
1 Lemon, zested & juiced
40g Diced pancetta
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, mustard and vinegar and season with black pepper. Divide the rocket onto 2 plates and drizzle with the dressing.
- In another bowl, mix the crème fraiche with a small amount of lemon juice. Leave this until the end.
- Heat a frying pan, with no oil, until hot.
- Add the pancetta and fry for 2 minutes. This will release some fat.
- Add some lemon juice
- Add the scallops and fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side. Scallops should be opaque and just cooked through.
- Position 3 scallops on each plate, spooning over the pancetta and the juices from the frying pan.
- Add the crème fraiche to the plate and Enjoy!