THE WET FISH SHOP
Healthy Fish Fingers & Chips
Fish fingers are a firm favourite to many but homemade is so much healthier and tastier! Pollock fillets have been used here, however, you could adapt this to use most white fish in the same way.
Please share and tag us in your photos if you make any of our recipes, we love to see them!
2 Pollock fillets (skinned)
100g White breadcrumbs (or panko)
2 Eggs, beaten
2 Large Sweet potatoes
1 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1tsp White whine vinegar
Salt & Pepper (to season)
Frylight (or oil)
- Cut the Pollock into strips down the fillet, following the natural lines of the fish. The strips should be roughly 1in wide and 3-4in long. Sprinkle the fish with some salt.
- Cut each sweet potato into wedges. Spray a baking tray with frylight or brush with oil and add the wedges. Place the wedges into the oven. Total of 30 minutes.
- Place the flour, breadcrumbs and beaten eggs into separate bowls. Seasoning the flour with some salt and pepper.
- Dip each fish finger into the flour, eggs and then cover in the breadcrumbs (this is the stage you can freeze extra in an airtight container)
- After 15 minutes of the wedges cooking, place each fish finger and onto the tray with the partly cooked wedges and cook for a further 12-15 minutes.
- Whilst these are cooking, mix together olive oil, mustard and vinegar and season with pepper.
- Place the rocket onto 2 plates and drizzle the dressing over the top.
-Add the fish fingers and wedges and Enjoy!